Author: Kimberly Bither, M.S.
Recipe type: Dinner
This is a light-tasting, full of flavor healthy lasagna recipe. It’s loaded with vegetables, instead of cheese. Also easy to make. I had mine from refridgerator to oven in less than 15 minutes!
- Eggplant, 1 small, sliced and quartered
- Zucchini, 1 small, sliced and quartered
- Yellow Squash, 1 small, sliced and quartered
- Red Onion, ½ medium, diced
- Plum Tomatoes, 2, sliced thin
- Red Pepper, 1, diced
- Bocconcini cheese, 4 oz.
- Parmesan/Pecorino, fresh grated
- Fresh Basil Leaves, ⅓ cup (a handful)
- Fresh Lasagna Sheets, 6 oz. (found in refridgerated pasta section)
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Herb Seasoning (I use Mrs. Dash brand)
- Salt & Pepper
- Ingredients..Fresh and Simple
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray an deep dish pan (mine is an odd-sized 8 * 11, but you can use something close) with olive oil.
- Place about .5 cups of water at the bottom of the dish. Add some olive oil (a few drizzles).
- Take just enough lasagna sheet to cover the bottom (you may need to cut the sheets if too large).
- Place a layer of ⅓ of the zucchini, eggplant, and squash. Sprinkle with ⅓ of onion and red pepper.
- Place ½ of tomato slices on top. Drizzle some olive oil over the vegetables.
- Sprinkle a dash of salt, pepper, and garlic herb seasoning over vegetables. Sprinkle with some chopped basil.
- Crumble (using your hands) ⅓ of the bocconcini balls and spread out over vegetables. Fresh grate pecorino cheese (use a small amount, it’s a strong cheese).
- Repeat 2 more layers, omiting tomato from the second layer.
- Top with lasagna sheets and some more grated pecorino cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40-45 minutes. Uncover and bake and additional 15-20 until lightly browned.
(Note: You may want to add a little extra olive oil to the finished product for some extra flavor!)